- Navalny Allies Say He Was About to Be Freed in a Prisoner Exchangeby Anton Troianovski on February 26, 2024 at 2:14 pm
The Russian opposition leader who died this month could have been among several inmates swapped for the killer of a former Chechen fighter, a top aide said. The claim could not be independently confirmed.
- Middle East Crisis: Israel Says It Has Evacuation Plan for Combat Areas of Gazaby The New York Times on February 26, 2024 at 2:07 pm
The prime minister’s office said the military had presented a plan to the war cabinet for removing people from “areas of fighting,” a likely reference to an invasion of Rafah. It did not release details.
- Palestinian Authority’s Government Resigns as U.S. Calls for Changeby Patrick Kingsley on February 26, 2024 at 2:06 pm
It was not clear whether the appointment of a new prime minister and cabinet would be enough to revamp the authority or persuade Israel to let it govern Gaza after the war there ends.
- Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside Israeli Embassy in Washington, Police Sayby Aishvarya Kavi on February 26, 2024 at 2:04 pm
The man, who filmed and livestreamed the protest, had been taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries. The U.S. Air Force confirmed he was an active-duty airman.
- Senate Aide Investigated Over Unofficial Ukraine Actionsby Lara Jakes, Justin Scheck and Thomas Gibbons-Neff on February 26, 2024 at 2:03 pm
Kyle Parker says he delivered sniper gear as part of his unabashed support for Ukraine. Investigators say there may be “counterintelligence issues.”