Washington Post Washington Post News Feed
- What to know about the Canadian wildfires affecting parts of the U.S.by Victoria Bisset, Annabelle Timsit on 06/07/2023 at 3:12 PM
Smoke and haze from the Canadian forest wildfires have also affected parts of the United States, prompting alerts from New York to Minnesota.
- Live updates: Eastern U.S. air quality reaches harmful levels as Canadian wildfires rageby Andrew Jeong, Victoria Bisset, Justine McDaniel on 06/07/2023 at 3:12 PM
Toxic haze from wildfires ravaging Canada has blown into major urban areas. New York, Detroit and Toronto were among the 10 cities with the world’s worst air quality.
- NYC officials warn ‘unprecedented’ smoke could linger several daysby Dan Diamond on 06/07/2023 at 3:12 PM
- Code Red air quality in D.C. area, first since 2011 that wasn’t from 4th of Julyby Ian Livingston on 06/07/2023 at 3:02 PM
- How long will the wildfire smoke last over the U.S.?by Matthew Cappucci on 06/07/2023 at 2:51 PM
- Ukraine live briefing: Mass evacuations underway as dam breach floods Kherson regionby Niha Masih, Adela Suliman on 06/07/2023 at 2:37 PM
The damage and flooding in southern Ukraine after a breach in the Kakhovka dam are likely to pose strategic challenges for Russia and Ukraine, experts said.
- Where the smoke is coming fromby Matthew Cappucci on 06/07/2023 at 2:28 PM
- Air quality reaches hazardous levels across much of the eastern U.S.by Matthew Cappucci on 06/07/2023 at 2:21 PM
- As flood engulfs Kherson combat zone, Ukraine claims troop advances in eastby Samantha Schmidt on 06/07/2023 at 1:21 PM
The destruction of the Kakhovka dam inundated towns and villages in southern Ukraine and quickly forced recalculation of battlefield plans for Kyiv and Moscow.
- Five key ways to protect yourself from wildfire smokeby Amudalat Ajasa, Justine McDaniel, Allyson Chiu, Lindsey Bever on 06/07/2023 at 1:01 PM
World News – Breaking News, Top Stories Catch up on the latest World News news, photos, videos, and opinion.
- Key Takeaways From Prince Harry’s Second Day In The Witness Boxon 06/07/2023 at 2:56 PM
At one point, the Duke of Sussex appealed directly to the judge about the press “misleading” him.
- Pope Francis To Undergo Intestinal Surgery, Will Be Hospitalized For Several Dayson 06/07/2023 at 8:55 AM
In July 2021, Francis spent 10 days in hospital to remove 13 inches of his large intestine after suffering severe inflammation and narrowing of the colon.
- Ukrainians Make Desperate Escape From Floods After Dam Collapse, With Shelling Overheadon 06/07/2023 at 6:10 AM
At least 16,000 people have already lost their homes following the attack on the Kakhovka dam, which Ukraine has blamed on Russia.
- Everything You Need To Know About Prince Harry’s First Day In Courton 06/06/2023 at 7:27 PM
From his witness statement about struggling under media scrutiny, to the gruelling cross-examination over the royal’s past.
- Prince Harry Gets His Day In Court Against Tabloids He Accuses Of Phone Hackingon 06/06/2023 at 8:55 AM
Prince Harry entered a London court to give testimony against a tabloid publisher he accuses of phone hacking and other unlawful snooping.
- Ukraine Accuses Russia Of Blowing Up Major Dam, Warns Of Ecological Disasteron 06/06/2023 at 6:05 AM
The Kakhovka dam’s failure could unleash 4.8 billion gallons of water and flood Kherson and dozens of other areas where hundreds of thousands of people live.
- Russia Claims It Thwarted Ukrainian Attacks In Provinces Annexed By Moscowon 06/05/2023 at 9:09 AM
The Ukrainian military suggested the Russian reports were part of a misinformation campaign as Kyiv prepares for an anticipated counteroffensive.
- Australian Mother Imprisoned 20 Years Freed Over Doubt She Killed Her 4 Childrenon 06/05/2023 at 3:53 AM
Kathleen Folbigg was serving a 30-year prison sentence that was to expire in 2033. She would have become eligible for parole in 2028.
- Saudi Arabia Is Slashing Oil Supply — And It Could Mean Higher Gas Prices For US Driverson 06/05/2023 at 12:36 AM
The Saudi cut of 1 million barrels per day, to start in July, comes as the other OPEC+ producers agreed in a meeting in Vienna to extend earlier production cuts through next year.
- Hundreds Of Thousands March In Poland Anti-Government Protests For Democracyon 06/04/2023 at 10:06 PM
Polish citizens voiced their anger at officials they say have eroded democratic norms and created fears that the nation is going down the path to autocracy.
- Prince Harry Testifies He Was ‘Stalked for Over a Decade’ by Paparazziby The New York Times on 06/07/2023 at 4:47 PM
Harry faced a second day of questioning over his accusation that a British newspaper group hacked his cellphone more than a decade ago. A former tabloid editor also took the stand.
- What We Learned From Prince Harry’s Second Day of Testimonyby Jenny Gross and Megan Specia on 06/07/2023 at 4:46 PM
The British prince..
- Pope Francis Is Out of Surgery With ‘No Complications,’ Vatican Saysby Elisabetta Povoledo on 06/07/2023 at 4:46 PM
The 86-year-old pontiff had the medical procedure to treat a hernia.
- Prince Harry, in Dramatic Testimony, Accuses Journalists of Phone Hackingby Mark Landler and Megan Specia on 06/07/2023 at 4:46 PM
In a remarkable court scene, the prince took the stand for five hours to make his case that his phone was hacked by a newspaper group, as a lawyer for the defense grilled him about his claims.
- Flood Rescuers Press On in Southern Ukraine After Dam Disasterby The New York Times on 06/07/2023 at 4:34 PM
As residents sought safety from engulfed communities, President Volodymyr Zelensky warned that hundreds of thousands could lack drinking water.
- Quebec Wildfires Contribute to Extreme Fire Season in Canadaby Dan Bilefsky and Vjosa Isai on 06/07/2023 at 4:24 PM
Hundreds of wildfires are burning nationwide, expanding a sense of unease in the country as thick smoke billowed over Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.
- Russia and Saudi Arabia’s Oil Partnership Shows Strainby Clifford Krauss and Anatoly Kurmanaev on 06/07/2023 at 4:15 PM
Analysts said the countries’ mutual need to keep energy prices high would help them maintain close ties, despite signs that Moscow has undercut previous deals.
- A ‘Dystopian Nightmare’ Unfolds in Sudan’s Battered Darfur Regionby Abdi Latif Dahir and Cora Engelbrecht on 06/07/2023 at 3:26 PM
Hundreds have been killed in the western Darfur region since the nationwide conflict in Sudan began, raising fears of protracted warfare in an area already torn by decades of genocidal violence.
- Saudi Arabia’s LIV Golf Deal Is a Triumph That Transcends Sportsby Vivian Nereim and Ahmed Al Omran on 06/07/2023 at 3:08 PM
The deal to merge LIV Golf with the PGA Tour is a big win for the oil-rich kingdom, headlining a banner week that also includes a visit from the American secretary of state.
- Kakhovka Dam in Ukraine Destroyed: What to Knowby Matthew Mpoke Bigg on 06/07/2023 at 2:59 PM
Thousands of residents fled rising floodwaters in southern Ukraine, a day after a dam on the Dnipro River was destroyed.